Sunday, June 17, 2007

Kudos to the Queen

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6756149.stm

Mr, no, Sir, Salman Rushdie has been knighted by the British Queen. Someone is thinking straight!

It is not often an American gets a pleasant surprise (we get surprises, but often are they unpleasant).

This is the most poignant and powerful blow to religious tyranny in recent history. I have recently finished The Satanic Verses, and Ayatollah Khomeini and his lockstep, robotic, lemmings do and did have cause for offense. Coupled with the Danish cartoon scandal, The Satanic Verses puts Islam down into its place. "Mahound / Moehammered" was self-serving, as was Jesus, and he was also a conqueror.

I have a picture on my computer of a man holding a poster, and on the poster is "BEHEAD THOSE WHO SAY ISLAM IS VIOLENT." I suppose we should first start with Muhammed?

This, Queen Elizabeth II, is the first intelligent political move in six years. I congradulate you on your intellectual capacity, and I also congradulate Sir Rushdie.

No comments: